Fri, 26 May 2017
Rourkela City InformationRourkela is a large industrial town with three major public sector steel plants and many small and big industrial units. The city is surrounded by a range of hills and encircled by rivers. Situated on the bank of river Bramhani, Rourkela also boasts of producing some of the best talents in the areas of technology and medicine. Places of Interest:
- Hanuman Batika - The Garden has a 75-feet tall standing statue of Hanuman which is the icon of the city. There are many shrines such as Bata Mangala Mandira, Binayaka Mandira and Manas Parayana Sharala, Santoshi Ma Mandira, Bruhat Sivalinga Mandira, Ram Daravar, Hanumanji Mandira, Ma Laxmi Mandira, and Jagannath Mandira.
- Vedvyas - Vedvyas is the birth place of Vedavyasa on the confluence of the rivers Shankha, Koel and Saraswati. Vedavyasa is the author of the great epic 'Mahabharata'.
- The Indira Gandhi Park - The Indira Gandhi Park Road has a beautiful garden, a mini zoo and an aquarium.
- Nehru Traffic Park - The Park has a gallery for children apart from exhibits related to traffic rules.
- Jubilee Park and Mrig Vihar - The Park has a musical fountain and a deer park adjacent to it.
- Green Park - The Park has a variety of flora.
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA INFO Home
© Copyright 2017. All rights reserved. newkerala.com