Sat, 24 Jun 2017
Jalandhar City Information
Jalandhar, formerly known as Jullundhar is an ancient city in Punjab. It is a highly industrialized centre and is India's foremost producer of world class sports’ equipments. Places of interest
· Imam Nasir Mausoleum and Jamma Masjid - The mausoleum of Imam Nasir is located in the heart of Jalandhar and the Jama Masjid nearby is believed to be 400 years old.
· Devi Talab Mandir - Devi Talab Mandir has an old temple of goddess Kali and is famous for the 'Hariballabh Sangeet Sammelan' held every year.
· Shiv Mandhir - The temple is a blend of Hindu and Muslim architecture. The main gate is built in the style of a mosque while the rest of the building is in Hindu style.
· Sodal Mandir - The Mandir has a child Deity which is believed to grant wishes of devotees.
· Gurdwara Chhevin Padshahi - It is the place where the sixth Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Hargobind was interviewed by a holy Muslim saint, Shaikh Darvesh. It also has a handwritten copy of Sri Guru Granth Sahib prepared by the great Sikh scholar Baba Deep Singh.
· St Mary's Cathedral Church - The Church with its rare cosmo-culture design is a tribute to the Punjabi tradition.
· Tulsi Mandir - Tulsi Mandir is an ancient monument built in honor of Vrinda, wife of the demon Jalandhara.
· Desh-Bhagat Memorial Hall - The Memorial Hall was constructed in the memory of martyrs who lost their lives in the fight for freedom from the British rule.
· Wonder Land - It is an amusement water park with water games and water rides.
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA INFO Home