Thu, 20 Jul 2017
Jabalpur City InformationJabalpur is situated in the Mahakaushal Region of Madhya Pradesh State and gets its name from the great Jabali Rishi.
Places of Interest:
- Madan Mahal Fort - The Fort built by the Gond ruler, Raja Madan Shah provides a panoramic view of the town.
- Tilwaraghat - It is the place from where Mahatma Gandhi's ashes were immersed in the Narmada River.
- Bedaghat - It is widely famous for its marble Rocks and serene beautiful nature.
- Dhuandhar - It is the waterfall created by the Narmada flowing through Marble Rocks.
- Chausat Yogini Temple - The temple is mainly dedicated to Goddess Durga. It has exquisitely carved stone deities belonging to the Kalchuri period.
- Rani Durgavati Memorial and Museum - It is dedicated in the memory of the great Queen Durgavati. The museaum has a fine collection of sculptures, inscriptions and prehistoric relics.
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA INFO Home
© Copyright 2017. All rights reserved. newkerala.com