Sat, 25 Nov 2017
Gangtok City Information Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim and has different cultures, religions and people existing in perfect harmony. It represents a perfect example of harmony between traditions and modernity.
Places of Interest:
- Deer Park - The Park also known as the Rustamji Park is the home to some animals like the Red Panda and the Himalayan Bear.
- Dul-Dul Chorten - It has a set of holy books, mantras, and other religious objects. There is a Stupa built by Trulshi Rimpoche.
- Rumtek Monastery - The Monastery is the largest monastery in eastern Himalayas, built by Gyalwa Karmapa strictly based on the designs of the Tibetan monastery.
- Research Institute Of Tibetology - The Namgayal Institute of Tibetology is a center of research into Mahayana Buddhism and the language and tradition of Tibet.
- Tasuklakhang-The Royal Chapel - The Chapel situated in the Palace grounds was the place of worship and assembly. It also has a repository of vast collection of Buddhist scriptures.
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA INFO Home